Troubleshoot missing WZC|
A. Make sure the WZC service is running by running services.msc".
B. Make sure the version of a wireless adapter driver supports Windows XP WZC service.
C. If WZC doesn’t list in the Services, try to modify the registry.
1. Run regedit and find
2. Add a DWORD entry named "Start" and value "2".
D. Add WZC from the properties of the connection.
1. Right-click on the WiFi Connection icon in My Connections and select
Properties from the context menu.
2. In the Local Area Connections Properties window, on the General tab,
click the Install button.
3. In the Click the type of network box, select the Service icon.
4. Click the Add button.
5. In the Select Network Service window, click the Have Disk button.
6. Click the OK button.
7. In the Install From Disk window, click the Browse button.
8. In the Locate File window, browse to the C:\Windows\Inf folder (this is a
9. Click to select NETWZC.INF.
10. Click the Open button.
11. In the Install from Disk window, click the OK button.
12. In the Select Network Service window, in the Network Service box, select
Microsoft as the manufacturer, and then click to select Wireless Zero
13. Click the OK button.
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.